Friday, October 4, 2013


Fabulous Fridays - You've never visited Round Top??
Since my arrival in Houston I have been asked multiple times whether or not I have visited Round Top during their biannual Antique Weekend.  This past Wednesday I corralled some wonderful friends and we hit the fair.  The offerings were eclectic, to say the least, which I would imagine you can gather from the photos below.  Marburger Farm was my favorite stop; it certainly lived up to its reputation.  


I am still considering buying this piece for myself.  I liked it's unique take on a more standard deco chandelier.





These giant shells from Paris were stunning.  The pair would make the perfect statement flanking a grand fireplace.





I would easily use this table in a large entrance of a desert home.





This antique settee had just been purchased from the original owner and was in top condition.





The tent of Turkish rugs in Warrenton was one of my favorite stops.  Their collection was stunning, all so rich in color and in wonderful shape.

\




I really loved this whimsical dining table encrusted in shells.





Antique frames galore.





A bold chair from the popular Revelation Decor




Another favorite stop housed artful displays of relics from Cameroon (Pacific Artefacts).






What I took home was quite contradictory but two things I really loved.







The drive home was as memorable as the day...






No comments:

Post a Comment