Friday, September 20, 2013

Fabulous Fridays - Cake for breakfast 

I recently had to wait a few weeks for a new oven and it was TORTURE.  Mainly because I missed this coffee cake.  Really it's just cake but I call it coffee cake so we can eat it for breakfast.  This recipe originated from Bon Appetit Magazine and I came across it on Epicurious.  It is heavenly and with six in my house it is gone in a day so when there are guests I make two.






When you turn over the springfrom pan after baking, the color of the blackberries is beautiful.  It reminds me so much of this delicious wall color I used at the 2011 Lake Forest Showhouse and Gardens.  I think at one point I said exactly that I want the wall to look like it had a blackberry stain.  Luckily, I found "Mahogany" by Farrow and Ball and it was perfection.  Since it was such a deep color I painted the mouldings and doors in the same color so that the contrast would not be too stark.






It was challenging shopping for fabrics that could hold their own with this wall color, but Donghia and Duralee both really came through for me.  

Rubelli's Gloria is total luxury with a modern twist.  I don't usually use a busy fabric on main upholstery pieces but a showhouse is the perfect environment for this punch.  And their Hollywood silk is stunning as well.






Duralee's Bellrose Linen was just the right fuchsia for the daybeds that we "made" with a faux fur throw from Pottery Barn.



All in all, this was a really fun collaboration of berry inspired color.  Below is a shot of the dressing room...if you're curious, I had this dress below from Tibi before I designed the room and it really served as another source of inspiration.  It turned into my version of camouflage...

Happy Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment