Monday, September 23, 2013

Lovely Mondays - Store it


When working on city projects storage often becomes an issue so I find myself relentlessly searching for beautiful options.  This edition is all about our favorite ways to store....whether you are in town or country.

I noticed this Sheffley tiered shelf online at one of my favorite local sources in Chicago, Jayson Home.  I assumed it was a console without looking closely but then when seeing it on my recent trip I realized it was more like a miniature bookshelf, just 16" high.  The brass finish adds a major bling factor and I immediately wanted one or two for every room in my house.  How great would it be as something unexpected over a fireplace mantle?  Or lining a hallway with spotlights at eye level?  




Very soon, I will dedicate an entire post to my furniture idol, Paul McCobb.  But here is a brief version:  His shelving is to die for.  This one in particular was manufactured in the 1950's but could not look more current.  This one was available from Lost City Arts in NYC or online at 1stdibs.




Troscan's Ennis side chair is one of my favorite pieces.  Ever.  Needless to say when I saw it a decade ago in the Holly Hunt showroom I kept a close eye on Troscan and have used many of their pieces for clients.  Their Eamon Etagere would be stunning in a study.  Perhaps two flanking a daybed?  I especially love the mix of open and closed storage.  It is not as daunting to fill only 3 open shelves with items that look beautiful and then there are drawers for their more unappealing counterparts. 



The Ennis Chair at the Lake Forest Showhouse 2009



If you need to hide a lot of your things, opt for an entirely closed piece like this one from Ironies.  Is is handcrafted with bone inlay but can be customized with a variety of inlay options.  This setting is the 2012 Merchandise Mart DreamHome Foyer.  An unexpected addition to a foyer, but it would make quite a first impression.




Finally, this cabinet by The New Traditionalists is the ultimate bar piece.  Recently we were able to completely customize the finishes and details for a client in the Waldorf Chicago Residences to fit into our lighter palette.  If you have a chance to visit their showroom in Soho, I would highly recommend it because the finishes are so unique.  And it doesn't hurt that it is located down the street from having lunch at Balthazar!




Check out the purple drawers!!






No comments:

Post a Comment