Monday, February 24, 2014


Lovely Mondays - Inspiration

All of the various fashion weeks as of late have been very inspiring, as per usual. In my former life I would watch closely for the styles, the walks, the makeup...whereas nowadays I find myself wanting to turn certain dresses into pillows or dining chairs.  Below are a few of the highlights for me.


Altuzara used color blocking to perfection.  I love the fresh combination of black with fuchsia and orange.




I love the glittery interior of this coat by Alberta Ferretti.   The juxtaposition of this with the wool is stunning.  This is a perfect example of monochromatic with loads of interest.




Stunning detail from a Gucci dress






Finally how about this shade of green for this coming fall?  I know I am biased but Giorgio Armani is always perfection in my mind.  



I especially love how many of these designers are pairing fresh colors with black.  Also notice the texture pairings that add such interest.  Not only is this successful in fashion but it is vital in interiors as well.  Silks with wool with linen...the combinations create interest and, ultimately, energy in a room.


Photos by Yannis Vlamos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment