Monday, October 7, 2013


Lovely Mondays - Transition to Fall

I wasn't sure if would ever arrive here in Houston, but sure enough, fall is here.  A crisp 55 degrees this morning not only made me crave sweaters, boots and piles of leaves but cozier textiles for the interiors as well.  Rugs are very much a key component in warming a room.  I personally have let my hardwoods show this summer because of the heat, but I think now it's time to start shopping... 


This rug below is a stunner.  How fantastic would this look in an entry or living room?   You can find this piece at Carini Lang, one of my very favorite sources.





I think this rug (available here at Horchow) is very sophisticated and work well in a family room or a study.  The color is so rich and sophisticated.






Overdyed vintage rugs are really trending right now.  Not ready to make a huge financial commitment to obtain one of these?  Artisans like Apexcarpets are selling them via Etsy.







I just purchased this rug from Ballard Designs for my family room.  I love the texture and pattern and it is such a steal so I don't mind that the kids and puppy use it every day!






The Rug Company has long been known for its partnerships with artists.  This rug designed by Fiona Curran would make such a great statement in any room; I adore the colors.






Finally, I was really excited to have been introduced to this source in Houston, Madison Lily, by my friend Jennifer Cope at Modern Luxury.  They have so many beautiful rugs but I think my favorites are their neutrals.  



No comments:

Post a Comment